- 1 (Registered)
AppJamming is First Code Academy’s flagship program where students learn coding and problem-solving through building mobile apps. From introducing fundamental computer science concepts, applying Design Thinking process to utilizing App Inventor as a language, we guide students to apply problem-solving skills to their daily lives. Adapting a curriculum used in Silicon Valley, we cover user-centric design and mobile app development. Students receive personal guidance from our professional trained instructors in thinking through algorithms, decomposing problems and formulating multiple solutions.
Introduction to Computer Programming
- Introduction to computer programming, algorithms and basic logic controls
- Creating their first app and familiarizing with App Inventor
- Hands-on: Setting up their computer environment, creating their first app and packaging it
Basic App Development
- Introduction to key programming structurs, including variables, conditionals and procedures
- Familiarizing with interactive App Inventor components such as sensors and medias
Design Thinking and Hands on App Creation
- Defining and ideating their individual project through brainstorming workshops
- Creating prototype and testing it against users for usability and iteration
- Individual meetings with instructor to plan out their app and project timeline
- Hands-on: Guided brainstorming in small groups, sketching or modeling prototype
- Creating their individual project using App Inventor and performing continuous testing
- Presenting the app to the rest of class
Small Group Class
We believe in developing a personal relationship with the student. Our instructors are as much teachers as we are facilitators, and coach for our students’ learning. Ensuring a small class of up to 4 students only, each student benefits from maximum attention from instructor and teaching assistant, and at the same time, learns from peers.
Follow on Curriculum for Immersed Learning
What happens after this holiday? Like learning any other language, learning to code is best done through an immersive, continual commitment. We offer a multi-year curriculum that allows students to deepen and broaden their interests in computer science and software development.
Hands-on Project-based Learning
First Code classrooms are messy, chaotic and we love it! We believe in hands-on creation, experimental learning and lots of discussion.
Our courses are designed for students to run at their own pace. Our curriculum is level-based for each module, meaning that each student can learn at their own appropriate, customized pace.
NUMBER OF CLASS & HOURS
Curriculum is empty
- 12 Hours of Live Lessons
- Language: English
- Certificate of Completion